Wednesday, May 2, 2012

LiveFit Trainer Slice: this is 4% of my day right now

24 hours in a day
60 minutes in an hour
1,440 minutes in a day

60 min/1,440 minutes= 4% of my day

When I figured that out, I realized that I have NO excuse for not working out everyday. (Same thing goes for spending quiet time with God, praying and reading my Bible!) If I can't spare 4% of my day, then I can't complain about having zero muscle/athletic ability/cardiovascular strength!

So now I feel like I should explain what is taking up 4% of my day lately (because I am sure ya'll are dying to know :) Not going to lie, it has been tough physically and emotionally! 3.5 weeks ago I started doing Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer that I found on bodybuilding.com. My friend Gretchen and I work out EVERY morning at 9:15...a big change for me since I can hardly muster comprehendible sentences before, oh, let's say noon. It's a 12 week program split into 3 phases. Phase 1 is a muscle building stage with NO CARDIO and only 4-5 weight lifting workouts per week! (I can hear the heavens rejoicing!) Phase 2 is a muscle-building/body fat-burning phase with 6 weight lifting workouts a week, and 4 30 minute intermediate cardio sessions a week. Phase 3 is 6 weight lifting workouts and 4-5 High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) cardio sessions.

Throughout all 3 Phases, nutrition is absolutely key! 5-6 small clean meals a day. This means no sweets, no mindlessly munching on chips, and no frozen yogurt. However, it does mean lots of food! And protein! And bringing chicken cutlets and protein pancakes to class! Like a boss. Tupperware and the George Foreman have become my new best friends. I refuse to say goodbye to my dessert-like dark chocolate protein bars and morning cup of coffee with flavored creamer. You could never pry those from me, and I think it's okay to have 1 or 2 small vices!

Now it's confession time. I've been faithfully following each workout to a T since I started. And I've been following the nutrition plan perfectly Sunday-Thursday. Friday and Saturday are a whole other story! Between OSU spring game festivities, surprise BoBerry biscuits, and a bachelorette party, my nutritional aspirations have been a flop. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym...precisely why I can't see mine. But each day is a fresh start and I fully intend to finish the last 9 weeks abiding by the actual dietary guidelines!

Plus the looks I get from bringing my own food everywhere will never get old.


Leave a comment if you have done/would like to do the Live Fit trainer! It's free :)

.

2 comments:

Vivi K said...

Wow, good for you! :) I think the hardest part of excersizing is just starting!

http://vivikstyle.blogspot.com

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Ohh this sounds cool...tell me more!!

♥ Ashley

atparsons.blogspot.com