Thursday, July 19, 2012

summer's slice: past and present


fashion: dress- Forever 21 heels- Aldo


fitness: Finishing phase 2 of the Live Fit trainer this week! Next week starts Phase 3, which is going to kick. my. booty. (into shape that is) I can't believe how much clean eating is essential to weight training and fitness. And how freakin' hard it is, but that's a different story. Giving up sugar, dairy, and artificial sweeteners is throwing my whole m.o. off but it's worth it. right?!

faith: since I've been working a lot of Sunday's at the coffee shop, I haven't been as involved with my church this summer. It's not the same as church community but I've been listening to Steven Furtick's sermons online and God has been rocking my world through Elevation Church. I highly suggest listening to the Soul Detox series. GO DO IT RIGHT NOW.


photos: Henry Cartier-Bresson is considered the father of photo journalism and originally studied in France before traveling across the world bla bla bla was the inspiration for my roommate Emily's photo project (as she is an aspiring journalist herself!) I love how she reenacted the retro summer scenes for these photos and I had a blast dressing up and going downtown to shoot. How often do you get to wear cat-eyed glasses, polka-dots and pointy high heels? Not often enough.

super exciting side note: Keep an eye out next week for the first official The Slice GIVEAWAY! Yes you read that right! I'm teaming up with some awesome health and fitness companies and a few of you lucky fellas will get a chance to win  awesome prize packs. 

11 comments:

Maria Camila said...

I love this past & present post super cool and very cute.

XO, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

So fun! You look great!

♥ Ashley

Unknown said...

what adorable pictures! And live fit? you have me curious now... I am going to look into this; I don't know how you gave up sugar- i would die! ha. xoxo

ChicPoint said...

Really original post! Anyway...All trends come from the past ;) Btw, I really liked your blog. Want to have a look at mine, and follow each other? xoxo

Unknown said...

wow! what a lovely pics!

http://www.trendsection.blogspot.com

lucia m said...

beautiful pictures!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

his little lady said...

i love these re-enacted photographs. how perfect!
can't wait for your upcoming giveaway :)
xo TJ

Emily Tara said...

Thanks for the picture comments everyone! Feel free to contact me through my site, www.emilytara.com !

-Emily, the photographer

Suzie Q said...

Beautiful photos! I love the vintage touch to the photos and the dress does remind me of the 50s. Love the large polka dots and you look fab. Your blog is so cute =)

xoxo,
Suzie Q
www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

Erin James said...

Gorgeous photos! Love that polka dotted dress :)

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I love these pictures! What a great idea to do past and present pictures. Your dress is cute and kind of has a retro vibe with the polka dots.

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds