Thursday, March 1, 2012

Awkard and Awesome Thursday


(shirt: Anthropologie) (jeans: Express) (boots: Aldo) (watch: Michael Kors)
photography: Allie

awkward
1. Scheduling a coffee date downtown at Cafe Brioso this morning, followed by a noon lunch date at Northstar. Who do I think I am?! For starters, I am not made of money honey and secondly I have class at this time. Twice a week. And this is the 9th week of the quarter...probably time to learn my schedule.
2. Being that girl at the gym who falls off of the elliptical. That was rough man. But entertaining for my lucky witnesses I'm sure.
3. Have you noticed that since more people have found Pinterest, the quality of pins have gone way down? This inverse relationship is killin' me. Hey new people! STOP pinning dumb stuff!
4.Yesterday. Yesterday in itself was just awkward and horrible, let alone the fact that it was leap day. That means I can pretend it didn't happen right??
5. The copious amount of coffee, tea, and water I have consumed, and the resulting amount of trips to the restroom. 
6. How grouchy I am when I don't get 8+ hours of sleep, and how I only take it out on one person. That is not okay. Ummmmmm once again, I'm sorry Justin. Eek.
7. Realizing that I could probably write a whole Awkward section solely based off of my experience at the gym. Four months later and I still feel like a lost puppy. I'm. So. Pathetic.

awesome
1. Cafe Brioso is mind blowing. They have changed my standards on coffee. Now I'm disappointed when I go to Starbucks and there is no latte art. Where is my decorated foam yo? And my hipster baristas? (bonus: it's about $.50 cheaper than Starbucks.)
2. Having someone at the gym recognize me from my blog. Granted, I am friends with her roommate,  but still, awesome.
3. The mentors in Senior to Senior. You are all so dedicated and really making a difference. Truly!
4. Turning zucchini and squash into "pasta" ribbons, with pesto, parmesan, and corn. I love finding recipes that I know I will make again! i.e. when they are tasty, easy, and cheap.
5. Staying home at the Nook, wearing mismatched pajamas, drinking tea and doing my homework. Yes, I am categorizing this as awesome.
6. Spending my spare time memorizing the second verse to Ice Ice Baby.
7. Getting to go to lunch today with my lovely friend Krystal! We are pretty much the same person, and I'm okay with that. 



5 comments:

Elisha said...

hahaha cutee!! :)

Krystal said...

yay I had so much fun at lunch today :) And totally took a picture of my salad when I got home to put in a post haha.

But really what do we think we are, rich? My total at Northstar: $16 for coffee and a salad... but oh so worth it!

Melissa said...

I love this! :) Love reading your blog.

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Beautiful outfit! I love that shirt. Careful at the gym! That would so be me, by the way. That's why I stick to the pool, and standing in the back of a yoga class. Of course, we don't have a membership right now, but when we get back - same deal. Yay for cheaper coffee! Even by 50 cents! And I'm not even all that much of a fan of Starbucks coffee - although I do love me some Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla! Yeah, I'm not fancy.

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

Andi Marie said...

Can I please just say that I LOVE the fact that you're trying to memorize the second verse of Ice Ice Baby!? I still have that video, and will likely be posting it to facebook sometime in the near future, haha!