Um, YUM.
I made this Friday and have been eating leftovers all weekend! Here is the link to the original recipe. Each time I make this I alter it depending on what is in my pantry/fridge. Kinda hard to mess up, and it looks semi fancy so it's a win-win in my book. Quinoa is a type of grain (pronounced "keen-wah") and is as easy to cook as rice!
INGREDIENTS: (my version)
1 cup organic quinoa
2 cups of spinach
1 large pear cut into pieces
1 cup organic quinoa
2 cups of spinach
1 large pear cut into pieces
1 large granny smith apple cut into pieces
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chilled chick peas, rinsed, drained
4 tablespoons dried cranberries
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1 cup chilled chick peas, rinsed, drained
4 tablespoons dried cranberries
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup toasted pecans
fresh feta cheese (optional)
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
INSTRUCTIONS:
Cook quinoa according to the directions on the box, being careful not to overcook. Slice pear, apple, and red onion, then combine these ingredients with the chickpeas and dried cranberries. In a small pan, simmer the red wine vinegar and brown sugar over low heat until the liquid's volume is reduced and the brown sugar has dissolved. In a large serving bowl, pour the brown sugar & red wine vinegar reduction over the cooked quinoa. Add the remaining ingredients and toss lightly. ENJOY!
And follow me on instagram @callchristina







4 comments:
Welcome to the blog world! I'm loving your's so far.
Jordan
Hi!! LOVE. I am so obsessed with quinoa its not even funny! I eat it every week and I love it for leftovers or sides. Loving your blog girlie! I am emailing you with some charlotte recs! do you have a twitter?
Pam
Oh your recipes are making me hungry...and I just ate. Haha.
Oh my goodness what an adorable puppy! xo
Post a Comment