Saturday, October 12, 2013

8 DAYS, PEOPLE!

Big life milestones usually cause me to reflect a lot, and our upcoming wedding is no different. 8 DAYS, PEOPLE and we will be married!

I don't know exactly how I ended up here, half way across the coast, about to marry the man of the dreams. But I am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with. It is crazy how He works and how His plan is so different, and so much better, than any "plan" I could have made on my own. I am really trying to soak up every moment, the good and the bad, and remember how incredibly sacred the committment of marriage is.

This weekend (aka the last weekend I'll ever live alone!!) I am trying to relax as much as possible. Justin is out with his groomsmen for his bachelor party festivities, and since he knew he was going to be gone he booked a "surprise" for me today. Earlier on in the week he sent me an address and told me to arrive there at 1pm on Saturday. When I got there today, it was a spa where he had booked and paid for a massage for me! :) Not that I needed confirmation I picked a winner, but HELLO he is amazing ;)

As far as wedding planning goes, I'm getting into the nitty gritty. Seating charts, schedules, programs, etc. all those things that are impossible to do ahead of time. I did design and create our card box for the gift table, and let me tell you I am pretty proud of how it turned it! Not too shabby for my first real craft. (I am NOT a craft person....) I cannot wait to see how everything comes together for the wedding, and besides marrying Justin that may be what I'm looking forward to most! ;)

Now I'm just in a mad rush to finish decorating our soon-to-be first apartment. Okay, "start" decorating may be the real situation. The bare walls and unpacked boxes are getting kind of pathetic so I am off to go do something about it!

Have a good day, y'all!*

*I feel like I can naturally say y'all now after living in the south for two months. Don't make me question it!


2 comments:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Yaya 8 days!! How exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!!

Megan said...

CONGRATS! Such an exciting time, enjoy every moment of it! :)

xo
Megan