Tuesday, October 15, 2013

-ing.


Sometimes I feel like I am in the only profession where it is MORE work to take off a day of work than if I were actually here. Sub plans man, they get ya every time. Meanwhile, here are my -ing's. 


 Making : our wedding weekend schedule
Cooking :chicken and green beans for dinner. Very complicated around here. 
Drinking :not enough water.
Reading: almost every verse on marriage in the Bible
Wanting: to skip the gym, but alas, duty calls.
Looking: forward to Sunday so much my heart may just explode.
Playing: with 8 year olds. Every day. With science experiments, and new words, and current events. Some call it school.
Wasting: my time writing in hopes of cherishing these memories one day. 
Wishing:I had finished wedding planning before I moved to NC. But what fun is it to get things done early?
Enjoying:my twenty minutes of calm after work before the to-do lists begins. 
Waiting: until we get back from our honeymoon to try making new NC friends :) also because I'm socially lazy lately. 
Wondering: how long it is going to take for me to stop feeling like the "newbie" teacher.
Loving: when Justin takes my hands and tells me to take a breath and enjoy our time together. I just think he is wonderful. And wonderfully patient. 
Hoping: that when I walk down the aisle, I see a few happy tears in the crowd. 
Marvelling: at how amazing Charlotte sunsets and sunrises are to me. I hope they never cease to amaze me. 
Needing: a full-time assistant to help with grading and lesson planning. Any takers? I pay in hand-written notes from kids and lots of feel-good feelings. 
Smelling: this lemon coconut perfume that I'm using for the wedding.
Wearing: mismatching socks. What's new.
Noticing: later sunrises and earlier sunsets. 
Knowing: this is my last week as a "Miss"
Thinking: you do not want to know all that I am thinking....
Feeling: overwhelmed and joyful. My heart is full.
Bookmarking: pumpkin spice recipes that I plan to make as a WIFE
Opening: wedding presents already. Shhh don't tell :)
Giggling: every time a kid asks me what people do on their honeymoon... "It is the first vacation you take as a married couple. Ask your parents."

Adapted from Pip.


1 comment:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

how cute!! I love this type of post! so excited for you and your upcoming wedding!