Sunday, September 22, 2013

Excuse me, can you tell me where the time went?

So much has happened in the past 18 months, and all of it has been amazing! Just as a recap, (and so I can remember this all 20+ years from now) here are the highlights:

-Graduated from OSU with my bachelor's June 2012
-First coffee shop barista job at Caribou Coffee over the summer
-Graduate school at OSU for my master's degree
-Competed in Miss Ohio USA and won Miss Congeniality
-Bla, bla, bla more grad school shenanigans....
-In January 2013, JUSTIN PROPOSED! :)
-OSU Graduation Round 2: M.Ed was awarded May 2013
-Moved home for the summer to spend time with family before moving to NC...
-Wedding planning, wedding showers, etc.
-Got on a plane to Charlotte and said I wasn't coming back until I found a teaching position!
-My stubbornness paid off, after showing up unannounced at a public elementary school, I was offered an interview for the next day...
-2 interviews for 2 different schools, followed by 2 job offers that day
-Accepted the job offer with the school of my dreams and headed back to Ohio for my last few weeks!
-Packed up all of my things and moved to Charlotte, NC in August, crying the whole drive there
-Filmed some promo commercials for a gluten-free awareness company
-Moved into my new apartment, spent half my time (and gas money) at the DMV
-Started my new job as a 3rd Grade TEACHER! :)
-Now preparing last minute details for our October wedding

And now, here I am, reflecting on these past 18 months in complete shock that my body is still functioning. After finishing grad school, my body completely shut down and I was extremely sick for almost 3 weeks. Perhaps because I was running on adrenaline for 10 months straight, with little rest time, surrounded by germy 6 year olds for my student teaching, my body decided once we made it to May it was going to just take it's own little vacation. I had also managed to gain almost 10lbs during grad school, after Miss Ohio. What can I say, I'm a stress eater! ;) I've learned a lot about myself these past months and am definitely taking better care of myself. I've been training and dieting for the wedding, and have finally found a healthy balance.

It's now the end of September and our wedding is EXACTLY 4 weeks away! It's crunch time baby and everything I've put off is now staring me in the face. Final wedding menu? Oops. Flower girl dress? Dang it. Wait, you mean WE have to pick out all of the music? I thought the DJ was a psychic and knew exactly what we would want. The list goes on....

Despite the tiny details that keep popping up, I am in engagement bliss today. My job is hard, much harder than I expected and to be honest I've been putting it as a priority of my upcoming wedding and marriage to Justin. Which is exactly why after my little reality check this weekend, I decided to document the final 4 weeks of our engagement so I can remember all of the fun details of our wedding experience :) Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

I wish I had a blog during my engagement and wedding planning. You are going to love being able to look back and remember these details!!

Congrats on your graduation from undergrad and grad school and for competing in a pageant. Also best wishes on your engagement and so happy for your upcoming nuptials!!

So glad that I can read your blog again (it was set to private for a bit) because I love your writing voice!!