Monday, March 5, 2012

Part three: the reverse the slices, slice.



2 WEEKS TILL SPRING BREAK!


WEEK 3: SLICE 11
hide yo candy, hide yo scales
Spring break couldn't come any sooner, but apparently my weight wants to stay right here where it's at. Stubborn little thing. After two weeks of consciously being healthy and working out 3-4x a week, I have BIG news. I weigh the exact same. Is this annoying? YES. Is this bad? NO. I know I'm adding muscle, ya ya ya, but a little reinforcement that my positive efforts aren't in vain would be nice. So I have decided to put my scale in hiding and not let it determine my progress! I will now be gauging my fitness based on how far I can run and how long I can make it through Pure Barre without dying...

WEEK 3: SLICE 12
 experiment.
...I experimented with Pure Barre today, and let me tell you they kicked my butt. I signed up for 10 classes in 10 days and I am excited to see how my little experiment turns out. The motivation of not losing my money alone will keep me going back, but I am curious if I will notice a difference in my strength, flexibility, and tone.  What ever your forte, try experimenting with new things and see what works for you!

WEEK 3: SLICE 13
be normal about it. 
So you've committed to a healthier lifestyle and have gotten pretty intense about it. Congrats! But chill out sometimes, and just know that it isn't for everyone. It's not a competition on who can eat healthier or work out more, it's LIFE. No one likes hearing all of your health kicks and fitness trivia. And NO ONE wants to feel guilty about what their eating just because you chose to give up carbs and sweets for Lent. Or for life. Whatever, spare us the details and let us eat our fro yo in peace.

WEEK 3: SLICE 14
patience is a virtue (that I don't have)
 I really truly thought that after 4 weeks of no excuses, healthy eating, and working out I would tone up and slim down significantly. I mean doesn't every single magazine every single month promise something along those lines? Welp I am calling them out, they are liars! I think it's time to be patient and realize that it is going to take awhile, not the 28 days that Women's Health promises.

WEEK 3: SLICE 15 
fitness is a process, not an end destination.
pretty self explanatory.


Confession: Olive Garden, UDF strawberry frozen yogurt, Whole Foods granola, and Northstar's bread are amazing. I only know this because I consumed them in large quantities this weekend. Sorry I'm not sorry.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I saw that you're visiting the Bay Area for SB and asked for some recommendations of where to visit! If you're looking for somewhere inexpensive to go with tons of stuff to do and see I'd say head to Fisherman's Wharf. Other fun stuff to do are Ghirardelli Square, Coit Tower, take a tour of Alcatraz, visit Golden Gate Park and make sure you go by the painted ladies! I hope this helps with your trip! xoxo Marissa


http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

The Sweetest Thing said...

Sista friend! Eat Olive Garden all you want - you are teeny! AND if you are going to Barre then I think you are set!

Megan said...

Wow, what a stunningly cute picture of you! Gorgeous

And I know exactly what you are referring to in Week 3: Slice 14. At least you don't give up as easily as I do.