Tuesday, November 12, 2013

the wedding series: getting ready is no easy task




In attempt to save all wedding memories before they slip my mind (and to help out future brides), I'll be sharing some of our wedding moments. When planning out my 'look' for the big day, I knew I just wanted to look like a polished version of myself. You know, the version that showers, does her hair and makeup flawlessly, and has the perfect faux tan combined with a stunningly white smile :) Luckily for me, two of my best friends and bridesmaids are cosmetologists and were able to help me with my hair and part of my makeup.

4 weeks out:
Started Crest White Strips 4-5x a week
Sunless tanner
VS Lemon Escape body scrub 3x a week
Began shopping for new makeup and beauty products

3 weeks out:
Used the dry sauna at my gym for 15 minutes each night post-workout
Clinique moisturizer morning and night (as opposed to just the morning)

2 weeks out:
Prioritized sleep and drinking a gallon of water like it was my job
Replaced my second cup of coffee with green tea (don't ask why, it just made me calmer!:)

1 week out:
Justin surprised me with a massage!
Tried to wear as little makeup as possible to let my skin breathe

2 days before:
Gel manicure and pedicure
Hair cut and colored (I recommend a week before if you can, I had to wait because I refuse to let anyone but Caity touch my hair and she lives in Ohio)


In all honesty I am so happy with the way I prepared. My skin and overall appearance looked fresh, and taking care of myself helped me de-stress. Hopefully this timeline is helpful for those looking to prepare for a big event. I'll add more details in regards to specific products later!

1 comment:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

This is great! I think it's so important for a bride to look like herself on her wedding day. I don't think it's the time to go all crazy and try something so outbid the ordinary for yourself. Great timeline!!